Friday, February 6, 2009

Conflict

After getting married many times there is a conflict going on in my mind about various decisions I need to take. There are some things that I love to do as wife, some I need to do, some I have to do, whether I like them or not. There are some other things that I need to do for myself, things that I love to do and so need to for myself. Many of these things are related to career and balance between career and family. To add to this there are always people telling you, with authority, what you should do with your life. What is good and what not as per 'conventional wisdom'. I feel especially bothered by those unwanted messages and advices by unwanted people. The people who just talk or advice and are never ready to listen to me, the in-laws, extended family, arrogent friends(?). I understand that I should not give attention to all these people, but it is hard to delete all those thoughts. May be because I am not very strong.

So in these days of conflict I came across this. It was in some radio program on NPR. I define myself by what I think I am not by what others think I should be.

This really helps to resolve at least some of those conflicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment